Six Reasons to Recreate Your Bouquet
Many of the brides who shop at Pressed Floral use the actual flowers that they used on their wedding day. Having the flowers that were with you for the best day of your life makes your frame so special. We don’t want you to feel like you missed out if you didn’t get the chance to save your flowers professionally.
Here are six great reasons why you should recreate your bouquet with us:
- You didn’t know you could preserve your bouquet. Maybe you weren’t aware of your options in time, or maybe you did... but Aunt Carol didn’t dry it for you while you were away on your honeymoon as she promised. If that’s the case then this is a great alternative for you! You’ll still be able to have a beautiful piece of art to hang on your wall that memorializes your marriage. Your admiring houseguests won’t know it’s not from your wedding day—unless you want to tell them.
- You want to improve the bouquet you had in the past. If you ever looked back on your old bouquet and thought “Oh, I loved my bouquet, but if I could go back and change it, I would…”, then this is an opportunity to get the flowers you wish you had! Maybe you didn’t get quite the right color, a certain flower was out of season, or you found a new favorite flower after the fact! Here at Pressed Floral, we can help source the flowers of your dream bouquet and make sure that it’s perfectly presented.
- You want it to be a surprise gift. There’s nothing sweeter than looking at Mom’s old wedding photos. Think about surprising her with a frame of her wedding flowers for Mother’s Day! You could also recreate your maid/matron of honor’s corsage, memorialize a part of a casket spray that stayed at the cemetery or even get a frame with the groom’s lapel flowers.
- Your hung bouquet hasn’t held up well or it faded more than you expected. If you hung your bouquet, Pressed Floral can take your flowers and put them in a raised frame called a shadow box. This keeps your delicately preserved bouquet displayed safely behind glass. If it’s been a few years since you got married and you haven’t “shadowboxed” it, chances are your freestanding dried arrangement has gotten bumped and shuffled around on the shelf. If it’s looking a little worse for wear, then we can make a whole new bouquet for you and press it beautifully.
- You used your bouquet for something else. Weddings come with all sorts of traditions. Some brides throw their own bouquet instead of using a throwing arrangement for the bouquet toss. Some brides give a flower to each of the people who helped make their wedding a success. Others will turn it into a wreath or garland. We’ve even heard of some artsy brides turning their bouquets into paints, perfumes, papers, and more! Countless other traditions surround the bouquet after the bride has carried it. If you incorporated your bouquet into a part of your wedding in a way that meant you didn’t end up with it, no worries! You can have your cake and eat it too with a recreated bouquet.
- You hung your bouquet but now want a pressed frame, or pressed your bouquet and want a shadow box. There’s no shame in changing your mind after the fact! We have countless ladies who decided to preserve a second batch of flowers in a different way than what they initially did after the wedding. All it means is that now you have two beautiful sets of preserved flowers instead of one.